Over the years, SharePoint has been used not just for collaboration sites and document management, but also search, dashboards, company intranets, wikis, blogs and much more. We’ve categorized many of these under the same umbrella term, “Portals.”
Now we have a tremendous opportunity to expand on the Portals portfolio and deliver new experiences that have taken weeks, if not months, to build, based on common patterns of valuable portal solutions we’ve seen customers put in place. Going forward, Office 365 will serve as a platform for us to deliver new destinations–NextGen Portals–which by design will be:
- Intelligent, leveraging the Office Graph to deliver personalized, relevant information to users.
- Social, integrating social interactions from Yammer to fuel participation.
- Mobile, easy to access and consume content from any device, and anywhere.
- Ready to go, getting you up and running quickly with highly functional, beautiful intranet portals. Use more, build less.
Today, I’m excited to announce Office 365 Video, the first of many NextGen Portals landing in Office 365. Initially, we will roll out to Office 365 First Release customers. We then expect to be fully deployed worldwide to all Office 365 customers by early calendar year 2015.
- Main new web page on Office.com: http://products.office.com/en-us/business/explore-office-365…
- Main hero “Introducing Office 365 Video” video: http://youtu.be/uXsJ_9lQubc
- Fun, illustrated video that answers, “What happens to a video file when you upload it into Office 365 Video?”: http://youtu.be/HXSZ0jYBKlM
- User Voice customers and partners (really anyone) to voice future feature requests + voting: http://office365video.uservoice.com/
- Office Mix update blog post, aligned with our in that they will soon support “publish to Office 365 Video” in their PowerPoint plug-in: http://blogs.office.com/2014/11/18/office-mix-office-365-vid…
- The public-facing Sway I created for “Office 365 Video”: http://aka.ms/Office365VideoSway
- Public Help articles:
- Find support articles for Office 365 Video: https://support.office.com/en-us/Article/b435f99a-f47e-4ebd-a946-f5c965844f50
- Meet Office 365 Video: https://support.office.com/en-us/Article/ca1cc1a9-a615-46e1-…
- Manage your Office 365 Video portal: https://support.office.com/en-us/Article/c059465b-eba9-44e1-…
- Create and manage a channel in Office 365 Video: https://support.office.com/en-us/Article/1fede4cc-13c0-435a-…
Video formats that work in Office 365 Video: http://support.office.com/en-us/article/dd1af01c-fd8e-4640-b…