Tag: language pack

Object in the sharepoint administrative framework, SPsolutionLanguagePack Name=0, depends on other objects which do not exist

I encountered the following error today when trying to use the Sharepoint 2010 Management Shell Add-SPSolution to install a .WSP

“an object in the sharepoint administrative framework, “SPsolutionLanguagePack Name=0″, depends on other objects which do not exist”

I noted that there were a lot of recent MSI install (Windows Updates) that morning in the style of “Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 1033 Lang Pack. Product Version: 14.0.6029.1000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.”

Putting 2 and 2 together I figured they were more than happenstance to be occuring in parallel all of a sudden. So I did what anyone intimate with IIS would do: splash it in the face with a cold bucket of IISRESET.EXE.

Add-SPSolution subsequently worked. Will update if I ever learn more details.

 

*** UPDATE – it seem’s this may possibly be caused by installing a WSP before it’s previously been removed. Especially in a multi-server far where solutions have to be deployed or retracted in parallel across several machines, there may be a bit of lag. Give it a few minutes then try again, before resorting to IISReset or swearing.