Free Online SharePoint Conference
SP24 will last for 24 hours and will comprise of 48 sessions running across a business and technical track. SP24 will be held on-line using live streaming and will feature many speakers who have been voted for by the community, plus a few well knowns! Last but not least, it’s completely free for all attendees.
SP24 is being faciliated by some of th Community Reps from the SharePoint-Community.net. We’ve been asked many times to run on-line SharePoint events, so here we are with something pretty big! To find our more about the team, please visit our ‘Meet the Team’ and don’t hesitate to ask anyone a question!
SP24 will start with an amazing keynote at 10pm GMT on April 16th and will finish at 11pm GMT on April 17th. We will shortly be releasing the sessions shown in your local time as soon as we have finalised the list of speakers. Each session will fit into a 60 minute slot and there will be 2 live slots every hour.
We think SP24 is a SharePoint Conference with a difference and if you are interested in SharePoint we think you will love it, and here’s why :
- SP24 lasts for 24 hours and will follow the sun from New Zealand to Hawaii.
- SP24 will feature speakers that are voted for by the community.
- SP24 has 2 tracks, one to appeal to Business Users and one that will excite technicians such as developers and adminsitrators.
- SP24 is going to be held entirely on-line.
- SP24 is following a similar format that has already proved to be really successful at two TFT13 conferences.
- The SP24 conference will be run using this site which is built on SharePoint 2013 hosted by Fpweb.net.
When is SP24?
SP24 will start in New Zealand on the 16th April at 10pm GMT and will finish 24 hours later.
Who is organizing SP24?
SP24 is a big event and requires a lot of co-ordination and management, so is being collectively managed by the SharePoint-Community.Net Reps. To read more about the Team members please see our ‘Meet the Team‘ page.
Before we launched this site we released this promotional video to introduce the concept of SP24. Please take a moment to check it out.
(Please note! the date showing in the clip is incorrect).
The SP24 site will be launched in 3 phases
SP24 is being built entirely with SharePoint 2013 Foundation hosted by Fpweb.net. The construction of the site has been planned over 3 phases as follows :
- Phase 1 – Speaker Submissions (Live now)
- Phase 2 – Attendee Registration (Live December 24th, 2013)
- Phase 3 – Conference Management site (Live February 2014)
Where can I find out about the sessions and how do I watch them?
You can catch the live stream event on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOj3UECdDLc
As soon as we have concluded the voting process, we will start to fill all of the sessions slots and this will be made available via our Session Browser. Each session will be live streamed via an individual session room on this site.
A typical session room will contain :
- The Live Stream
- Twitter Feed (based on the hashtag for the session)
- Session Overview
- Integrated Chat (so you can ask the speaker questions)
- Feedback forms
- In-session Voting
- Speaker BIO / background.
I want to speak, how can I apply?
If you are interested in speaking at SP24, then please read our ‘Speakers Guide‘ for more details.
I want to sponsor SP24, are there any opportunities?
As you can imagine to develop, host and run such a conference requires substantial effort with associated costs. We intend to have several sponsorship opportunities available and are currently working on the finer details. If you are interested please contact Vlad Catrinescu.